EA has announced that they will bring the iPhone version of the PC game ‘Mirror’s Edge’ to the App Store soon. It’s a shooter game that combines weapons with acrobatics and jumping over roof tops.
“In Mirror’s Edge, you play as Faith, a member of a secret group known as “Runners” who act as couriers for information that cannot be transmitted in other means due to the totalitarian regime that has taken over and implemented a policy of extremely intrusive surveillance across the game-world.”
Here’s the developer blurbs about the game which is said to be coming in January 2010:
- EXPERIENCE THE WORLD OF MIRROR’S EDGE – A place where information is heavily monitored and law is brutally enforced in an effort to create the ‘perfect’ society.
- YOUR MISSION -Take control of Faith Connors, a member of an underground messenger group known as Runners, as she races to stop a deadly threat that has grown from within their own ranks.
- SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST… AND FASTEST – Use Faith’s incredible acrobatic moves to outmaneuver the enemy –run on walls, slide down precarious ramps, ride ziplines, and leap between rooftops. Leave the enemy in your dust.
- EDGE-OF-YOUR-SEAT EXCITEMENT – Burn through 14 levels of the fastest, most fluid action imaginable. Dynamic camera angles capture the intense action of this unique game.
- HEIGHTEN YOUR SENSES- Immerse yourself in a stylish, graphically rich 3D enviroment flooded with realistic sound effects and phenomenal music.